Thursday, January 29, 2009
Sunday, Oct 19 (at sea)
Breakfast was more of a brunch for me. Then a Cruise Critic 'Meet & Greet' at 10:00 AM (Yes, I was there on time.) Several of the ship's officers and department heads were there. Nothing formal, they just mingled. Some of the CC people reported an even rougher night than I had. Some said their bureau drawers were opening and closing by them selves. A few reported that the 1:30 roll had knocked everything off the shelves, including the TV. At the 'Meet & Greet" the ship provided coffee, tea, and juices, as well a various pastries. The afternoon had some scattered light drizzle, nothing too bad, just enough to wet the deck chairs. Through out the day I kept running into closed restaurants, so I decided that each day I would have to write down what restaurant was open when. The seas were smoother, especially in the afternoon. However, the ship still creaked each time it rolls (left to right and back). I can hear it most pronounced when in my room. Had dinner on my own: Chilled melon soup (I'm liking the ship's chilled soups), and cheese tortellini. Walked all over the ship, from bar to bar, looking for one showing the final, game seven, of the American League Championship Series. Could not find it anywhere. Football games everywhere. (Found out the next day that Tampa Bay won.) Went to the show, a comedian, and then called it a night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment