Thursday, January 29, 2009

Saturday & Sunday, Oct 25 & 26 (at sea)

Saturday

Slept fine, no headache, ship 'reception' called to see how I was. I had them deliver some band-aids, as the strips the doctor placed over the stitches were coming loose. I do think I'm fine. Breakfast & then lunch. Everyone I saw from Cruise Critic seemed to know what had happened, and asked how I was. At least I have two days at sea to rest and recover. Then Belize, and a land excursion to Mayan ruins with a large group of CC people. Overnight ship changed from Eastern Time to Central Time, and tonight we change to Mountain Time. Not sure why Belize is on Mountain Time, but grateful for the two hours extra of sleep.

Sunday

Call from 'Ship's Security Officer' following up on the accident report I filled out in the Medical Center.

A had very nice, lazy day at sea. Brunch, and lunch. Read more of my book, and stopped by the medical center to ask a few questions. The nurse made me see the doctor. He looked at cut – stitches and said things were going well. I asked and he said I did not need to keep it covered. I asked about keeping it dry. He said shower OK, just dry it off after. I asked about Tuesday, when I have a snorkeling trip planned. He said snorkeling OK, no SCUBA. Just try to get a mask that does not fit too tight. (Has he ever gone snorkeling? The idea is to get a mask that does fit tight, to keep water out.)

Sailing today, I looked like either we were very lucky, just missing the scattered showers, or they were altering course slightly to avoid them. In any case we stayed dry all day time. About 5:30 PM I started to see people coming inside who were (rain drop) wet. Not sure what the weather will be for tomorrow, in Belize. I have a land excursion planned to some Mayan ruins. I'm going to bring my rain poncho just in case. Maybe the rain pants too as part of the trip is on an open air boat up some river.

Had dinner with most of the Cruise Critic group. I've found out that one guy is a weather forecaster for the national Weather Service, in Louisiana. He got on the internet during dinner, and got updated maps, and stuff. His forecast: Belize (Monday) – scattered showers, 50% - 75% change. Roatan, Honduras (Tuesday) showers all day, some heavy. Tuesday night heavy seas, 10-14 feet, winds out of the Northeast. Cozumel (Wednesday) widely scattered showers.

No comments: