Monday, February 9, 2009

Wednesday, Oct 29 (Cozumel, México)

Well, another port that did not work out as planned. Overnight I found a new excursion ticket under my door. My 9:15 depart time had been changed to 11:15. This was for my Segway – Snorkel tour, booked with the ship. We go into port on time. I slept in a little, had breakfast and hit the shore. Once there I found my tour operator explaining to another person that due to high winds and rough seas the tour has been canceled. (And we are now too late to book something else of our choosing, as they have for the most part, already left.) He was kind enough to offer another tour his company was offering, a jeep tour through the forest and beach area, for only $30 more (US dollars) on top of the $69 we already paid. No thanks, I'll get a refund from the ship. So, I walked around, found a Starbucks, with free Wi-Fi, back to ship and got lap top, and here I sit typing now.

Last night was rough. The ship did a lot of bouncing up and down, but not much rolling left to right. Several times I did wonder what it would take to break the ship in half. But we managed to make in to Cozumel in one piece.

No comments: