Thursday, January 29, 2009

Thursday, Oct 23 (at sea)

Bruch at noon, tried to make a meatball sandwich with a hoagie roll, Italian meatballs, and provolone cheese. It did not turn out very good, so I had the stir fry beef for the first time. I was quite good. Could not find a lounge chair in the shade (maybe because I did not look too hard) so I sat on my balcony that was in the shade and read.

Dinner was a very nice port roast. After dinner, I just felt the need for a chocolate chip cookie. I tried the 24 hour restaurant, but all their cookies had nuts, so I made a trip to the buffet restaurant. Same up there, but, hmm what is this? They were making crepes. So, in place of the cookie, I had a strawberry crepe. After dinner I ran into some folks from Cruise Critic. They asked me where I was for dinner. What, seems I had forgotten that we had a group dinner planned for tonight. I have to start writing this stuff down.






Here are a few facts about the ship, and this itinerary for Dad to ponder over:

The ship was launched Sept 1998, is 908 feet long, and 108 feet wide, and 27 feet deep. It displaces 39500 metric tons, and has a max speed of 24 knots.

This is the ship's itinerary, and miles between each stop, and the average speed between each stop:


FromToStatute MilesTravel Time (hours)MPH
New YorkSamana, Dominican Republic1,54969 (hours)22
Samana, Dominican RepublicSt. Thomas30415 (hours)20
St. ThomasAruba53615 (hours)15
ArubaBelize1,29336 (hours)21
BelizeRoatan, Honduras15063 (hours)11
Roatan, HondurasCozumel, Mexico31114 (hours)11
Cozumel, MexicoNew Orleans74038 (hours)19

No comments: