Thursday, January 29, 2009

Wednesday, Oct 22(St. Thomas, USVI)

Up early and had breakfast in the main dining room, for the first time. Then had to go through US Customs & Immigration, held on the ship. Then gathered snorkeling gear, and off to my scheduled tour. The RCCI Freedom of the Seas was already docked when this ship docked. Then Carnival Valor squeezed in and docked between the other two ships. The tour boat had to wait for people from Carnival Valor to get to the tour boat. The 9:45 tour finally departed at 10:18. Snorkeling was good, saw some fish I had never seen before. Back to ship, lunch, and went to shopping 'mall' across from ship's dock. Walked a little while, following people I guessed to be crew. Several stopped at a restaurant – bar that had Western Union, international phones, and Internet café. I used the Internet café to send and check email. It cost $3 for 15 minutes. If I had brought my laptop off the ship with me, I found a place with free Wi-Fi. But the 15 minutes did only cost $3.

Dinner on the ship was good: sautéed scallops, baby shrimp cocktail, sliced turkey with dressing and gravy. The 'baby shrimp' were not quite as long as the shrimp cocktail from Saturday were thick. Fell asleep watching the World Series game.

No comments: